Wednesday 1 February 2012

New Words

Petit Boy has suddenly gained a vocabulary in a short amount of time. I was beginning to worry as by the age of 2 years old most have a fair few words and my boy was showing no interest in speaking. Here's a few of his words.


Boow = Ball
Shoo = Shoe
Stairsh = Stairs
Da = Mom/Dad/Nan/Gran/Grandpa/Grandad/any family member basically
Tah = Thank you/Please (he says "Tah" when handing over his cup and wants more juice)
La = Light/Lamp/Light Switch
Wowow = Washing Machine (because of the noise it makes when spinning!)
Wow = Wow! (simple, eh?)
Choo = Train (Usually his Thomas the Tank Engine toy)
Shhh! = Shhh! (along with finger to lips, sometimes misses and puts it to his nose)


There's a few words he says that we're not sure what they mean. "Dis" is one of those words he uses often but doesn't seem to be about a certain thing. He also has an understanding of when I ask something from him. Here's an example of what happened on Monday.

Petit Boy: Tah! *hands blue crayon*
Me: Thank you! Can I have another colour crayon, please?
Petit Boy: *puts hand into box of crayons and picks a brown crayon* Tah!
Me: Thank you! Can I have another colour crayon, please?
Petit Boy: *puts hand into box of crayons and picks a red crayon* Tah!
Me: Thank you! Can I have a kiss?
Petit Boy: *puts lips up to mummy's lips*
Me: Thank you, I love you too.

I asked twice because I wanted to be sure it wasn't a one off, but he seemed to understand what I asked and it was brilliant! He doesn't always give me a kiss, but he's a boy so him shaking his head with a cheeky grin on his face is just as sweet and cheeky as him giving me a big kiss.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...