Sunday 6 February 2011

My Pet Hates: Supermarkets

Maggie and I agree - "You Suck"
I don't know when this started and why supermarket shop assistants seem to think it's okay to do this, but what I do know is that it's a pet hate of mine. What am I talking about? I hate it when I'm still packing my shopping up and start sending out other people's shopping down my way.

When I go to Asda, Tesco or my local Morrisons I get the same treatment. It's very much a 'you've paid, now get out of the way' response. This is very bad customer care, I just bought products from your store and helped pay your wage, I do not take kindly to you barely making eye contact with me and thinking it is okay to shove other people's shopping towards my semi-packed shopping bags. Are you saying I can let them pay for these and I can bag them up for myself? No you're not! You are just being rude and unthoughtful about your customers.

These days I get around it. When I did a big shop I'd always get asked to pay before I had finished packing and I would instantly panic and fumble about in my bag for my wallet. I no longer do this. To me they should be made to wait and allow me to finish packing my shopping. Heck if there's more than one bag I will put some of them away under the pushchair and the person behind the till can give me the biggest and grumpiest face in the world, I will finish what I am doing and then I will pay for my shopping. It works like a charm, other people should do it and not feel pressured to pay when in the middle of packing.

So Supermarkets and their checkout assistants... you suck!

2 comments:

The Breastest News said...

I agree, I find this very annoying. I too normally wait till I put all my bags away then I pay. Brilliant tip and more people should do this :)

Anonymous said...

I have noticed in recent months that (at least in Tesco and Asda) they always ask if I want help with my packing. I don't usually accept it as I'm happy to pack myself, but what I usually do is finish packing 99% of my stuff before I even consider paying. Even if they've put all my stuff through the tills, I'll bag it before getting my wallet out. It just means that when I have paid, I'm good to go.
As you say, their job is to serve us, and if I take another 30 seconds to finish packing, then its no skin off their nose. They don't get paid based on the number of people they serve. They get paid regardless.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...