Friday 6 May 2011

My Depression Update

You may have been reading my Alphabet Articles and how I've suffered with depression since I was a teenager. I had spoken to a few people close to me and a few weeks ago I got off my lazy butt and saw my GP.

The reason I took long isn't just the fact depression can make you very tired and somewhat lazy, but because I spent most of my teens jumping back and forth between different medication the thought of that happening again put me off. I wanted to try and control it myself. I thought if I could overcome this problem I would be a better person for it. I was wrong, infact it only makes me weak as I just allowed it to take over my life and harm those I love.

My doctor gave me a form to fill in about how it was affecting me and asked the usual sorts of questions and concerns that depression can bring out in someone (suicide being the major concern) and gave me some anti-depressants. He told me to return after four weeks and to see how I feel and if I have had any side effects.

So far they seem to be doing well as I feel better. The only side effects have been headaches, but I get around this by taking them an hour before going to bed and when I wake up I feel fine. Hopefully this will stick and these anti-depressants will keep up the good work.

1 comments:

Sa said...

Hey helen, how about some freee choccie ?? thought you'd like to know about the chocolate competition running every day til end of the month http://chocolatecarbsandcmt.blogspot.com/2011/05/want-chocolate-its-easy.html

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...